You will be working alongside Engineers, Designers and a POs in cross-functional teams. You will grow as a developer and tech leader through your work on a large-scale Android Codebase for one of our long-term customers.
Who are we looking for
- You're an independent thinker, who does not need handholding and likes it when people get out of your way so that you can get things done.
- You have the courage to push back against unrealistic requirements.
- You're able to have productive arguments with colleagues, and are able to balance fighting hard for your own points on their merit, while being able to recognise and concede when someone else's idea may be more suited for the particular situation at hand.
- A love for being challenged, and an understanding that this is one of the best ways to grow.
- Appreciation that sometimes a technically inferior solution is the overall better decision (e.g. due to economics or time-to-market). This should be hard for you to accept, but you should be able to do this on occasion.
- You value a merit-driven work culture, where work speaks for itself.
- Professional English skills (verbally and written)
- It is a plus if you can have basic conversations in German
- Develop new features and maintain existing code
- Knowledge of Kotlin and Java
- You continuously improve your knowledge about the Android framework and you enjoy looking into new trends for the mobile platforms
- Work as an integral part of a cross-functional team
- Own the development process and push back when needed against others to ensure that project is delivered to a high level of quality without the need for heroics
- Mentor other developers
- Participate in all project phases, from requirements analysis through implementation to customer support regarding technical issues
- Ensure you and your colleagues ship clean code and follow best practicesThe superiors for this position
Minimal level of education
Bachelor degree in computer science or a similar field
Minimal work experience
- Strong people-first company culture
- Generous Personal budget
- Top Hardware
- Lunch money
- Home-office money
- Remote-first culture, so you can work from where-ever you want. We have an office in Zagreb too if that's what you prefer.
- Special Leave