Working alongside Engineers, Designers and PMs in cross-functional teams, you will be responsible for QA for the projects that our company delivers. You will grow within the company through your work and collaboration with our CTO and Head of Product on mobile and web based projects. You'll have a lot of autonomy and influence on the technical direction of the company regarding QA.
Who are we looking for
- You're an independent thinker, who does not need handholding and likes it when people get out of your way so that you can get things done.
- You have the courage to push back against superiors when they make mistakes (hint: they do, more often than they'd like).
- You're able to have productive arguments with colleagues, and are able to balance fighting hard for your own points on their merit, while being able to recognise and concede when someone else's idea may be more suited for the particular situation at hand.
- A love for being challenged, and an understanding that this is one of the best ways to grow.
- Appreciation that sometimes a technically inferior solution is the overall better decision (e.g. due to economics or time-to-market). This should be hard for you to accept, but you should be able to do this on occasion.
- Appreciation for working in a team that prefers async communication as opposed to interrupt-driven meeting-based communication. You don't like sitting in meetings.
- You value a merit-driven work culture, where work speaks for itself.
- Help shape our QA culture and best practices
- Draft testing protocols for projects
- Regularly test apps, and prepare bug reports and reproduction steps
- Work closely with PMs and Designers to define project requirements
- Help advance our automated testing infrastructure like our continuous integration services and testing templates
- Write automated tests for web or mobile projects (optional)
The superiors for this position
Minimal level of education
Not important (our CTO dropped out of university to co-found 9Y)
Minimal work experience
- Hardware of choice
- Subsidised lunch near the office
- 9Y is a very remote friendly, and team members often work from home
- Flexible working hours (we recognise that 9-5 may not be your most productive time, some of us also have kids and families)
- Profit sharing scheme